Today, I’m excited to welcome Kara of Lillian Hope Designs to the blog with her bunny tail inspired Easter party for kids. I love the bright pastels (is that a thing?) and all the little fluffy bunny tails! Best of all: all the treats are store-bought and the party printables are free!
I love the idea of an Easter dessert table dedicated to the kiddos. Kara’s table puts the Easter bunny front and center.
Tips for getting the look
- A clean, white backdrop is all the rage in party land. Kara used a roll of white kraft paper on her patio wall. If you have a plain white wall in your house, bully for you, but if not… head to the home improvement store. Pick up a piece or two of white foam insulation board. It’s light enough to prop up on your dessert table and lean against a wall. You can pin printables, banners or whatever else to it. Or, just choose a window as your party backdrop. I do that all the time in my kitchen bay window. (And, if you want to know why your REAL home is always the perfect place for a party — even if you don’t think it’s Pinterest-worthy, read this from Chris at Celebrations at Home. Amen, sister.)
- When you’re collecting serving pieces, think white. (And, think HomeGoods.) You can certainly pay full price for cake stands and platters, but why not stalk your local home discounter and build your collection without spending a fortune? Repeat after me: white goes with every party.
- Drama doesn’t have to be expensive. Giant round balloons, usually about 36″, are available for about $5 a balloon. Pay to have them filled at Party City or your grocery store, and you have a low-cost, high-impact party backdrop. And the huge honeycomb tissue balls?! I’ve never seen them that big, but I’m guessing they are the 19-inch size you can find at ShopSweetLulu.
Let’s talk sweets
You don’t have to spend a fortune on desserts to create a cute dessert table set up for a party! Kara purchased all desserts seen on this Kids Easter Party table from Walmart, and the Jelly Belly Beans here. While I admire the moms who do all their own party baking — or even some of their baking — I’m a true believer in knowing my own strengths. I can bake, but I have no baking-cute skills — know what I mean? So I totally believe in playing to my strengths and letting others bake for me. If that means your local grocery store, more power to you, mom.
You can personalize store-bought treats with cute cupcake wrappers (these are from HomeGoods) and your own topper. Kara used Jelly Bellies to fit her egg hunt party theme.
How about adding a mini Easter basket to your dessert table? Kara’s candy Easter baskets are EASY. Use clear plastic cups then attach the rectangle flags from the FREE printables to clear plastic cups using glue dots. (Link to the free printables is at the bottom of this post.)
But my favorite part is …
The bunny tail drinks are ADORABLE! For the bottle, you can purchase plastic milk maid bottles from Hoopla Events. Then you will use the Mini Bunny Ear Printables available in the free printables collection. For the Bunny Tail, Kara used tulle pom poms from Michaels. You also can use white puff pom poms that are sold in craft stores and Walmart or Target in the craft section.
The bunny tail drink is just a half and half mix of pink lemonade and strawberry Kool-Aid.
No party is complete without games
Pin the tail on the bunny? Yes, please. Simply add double sided tape to the back of the party logos and use those as your game pieces for the free Printable Bunny Poster! I think it would also be fun to use oversize cotton balls with a glue dot attached by mom.
The free printables include these cute basket labels and tags. There are “boy” colors and “girl” colors AND you can personalize the names.
How cute is this little stinker? I want to have her over for a play date. She looks like a blast!
Ready for free Easter Party Printables?
Head to Kara’s site to download the free party printables. The collection includes:
- 3 banners
- Bunny poster
- Party logos
- Rectangle flags
- Large bunny ears
- Tent cards that you can edit
- Baster party circle (you can edit the name)
- Baster luggage tag (you can edit the name)
Thanks, Kara, for sharing your party with us!!