Welcome to part five of our Halloween Party Planning Challenge! Today, we’re focused on party activities. I’ve got 51 awesome Halloween party ideas for you!
Here are are the first parts of our series, in case you’ve missed anything:
- Party Planning Challenge – part one (date, place and time + theme + budget + brainstorming)
- Party Planning Challenge – part two (party style + invitations)
- Party Planning Challenge – part three (party favors + menus)
- Party Planning Challenge – part four (tablescaping)
We’re following the steps outlined in my 4-Week Party Planner, but I’m consolidating the steps in our series. Grab your own copy of the party planner to use for planning any party.
Halloween Party Activities
We’ve done a lot at our Halloween parties over the years — this is always a fun party to plan activities and games for. The kids are game for anything and have sooo much energy to burn. Here are some ideas from my parties:
- Make candy necklaces
- Decorate pumpkins with sticky-back foam faces (you can cut out your own)
- Pin the face on the pumpkin
- Coloring trick or treating route maps
- Coloring wood face masks
- Halloween character sack races
- Witches tea party list of games
- Zombie makeovers
And, here are more ideas that I think sound like a blast.
Mystery Bowls: let the kids guess the ooey gooey mystery in the bowl.
This is a great list of outdoor games, and Britni explains how to play the games as team challenges: mummy wrap, choose the candy, fear factor, costume change, pumpkin bowling, trick or treat balloon pop, spooky scramble, tarantula toss, face the cookie, and zombie walk. She’s even got prize ideas!
Scavenger hunt with free printables by Party Delights
Pumpkin ring toss using glow in the dark necklaces by Kid Friendly Things to Do
And finally, here’s a huge post of 30 Halloween games, put together by Growing a Jeweled Rose
There’s more to come in our series! In the meantime, be sure to grab your 4-week party planning guide.