One of the things I enjoy most about party planning is creating little details that support my theme. An easy way to do just that is do decorate your party forks. For our Horseback Riding Party, I simply decorated our forks with buttons. This is one of those little touches that is easy to create (and inexpensive!) but adds style to your party.
- Sprue cutter – Here’s one from Amazon but you also can find them at Hobby Lobby and other hobby stores.
- Wooden forks – mine came from Amazon. This is a pack of 50, but I decorate mine differently and use them at all sorts of parties.
- E6000 glue – find it in the craft aisle of WalMart or add it to your Amazon order
- Buttons – my horse buttons were from Hobby Lobby (triple crown shank buttons and saddle up shank buttons and silver hats and boots shank buttons)
1 – If your buttons have a shank like mine did, snip off the shank with your sprue. Be careful how you hold your button because the shank may go flying. I had to keep our puppy from gobbling up the flying shanks. (There’s a sentence I never thought I’d write!) If your button has a flat back, you can skip this step.
2 – Place a dot of E6000 glue on the back of the button. (Beware that this glue tends to seep out of the tube, so don’t press too hard.) Press the button to the handle of the fork and allow to dry.
And that’s it! Couldn’t be any easier.
Here are some other fork decorating ideas:
- Paint the handle in your main party color (graduation party)
- Paint the handle and add some washi tape (gardening party)
- Add sticker hearts (brown paper packages party and Valentine’s bar cart)
- Add washi tape on the entire handle (4th of July dessert table)
- Wrap forks with gauze and add googly eyes (This idea belong’s to Titi’s Tutus; see the forks in my Halloween party.)
- Add 3-D spider stickers (witch’s tea party)