I’m always on the hunt for Christmas food gifts that mail well. These spiced almonds fit the bill. I’ve made them for years and *think* the recipe originally came from an advertisement for Season-All Seasoned Salt. Yum.
(And by the way, have you picked up a copy of Better Homes and Garden’s Food Gifts? Great photos and 150 holiday food and packaging ideas. I can’t stop looking at it.)
- 1 large egg (white only)
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp Season-All Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Beat egg white until foamy.
- Add almonds to egg white, tossing to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine spices, then toss with almonds to coat.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on baking sheet well-greased with Crisco or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in 250 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Cool slightly and break apart. Cool completely and store in airtight container.