This party, by Staci of Lizard & Ladybug would definitely get my “little” brother’s thumbs up. He was all about superheroes as a kid. Staci created this Superhero Swim Party for her son and daughter’s joint birthday party — not an easy feat.
Darling decorations, courtesy of my favorite Peas & Thank Yous. (Jill created the photo booth props for our Wizard of Oz party). Paper garland over the mantle, along with a initial letter for each child that Staci decorated with superhero stars.
Staci’s children love Rice Krispy Treats, so … Snap, Crackle, Pop! Even the lollipops had masks and superhero capes!
The activities are what I love most about this party! The children of course enjoyed the pool, since this was a superhero swim party. But Staci didn’t stop there. She also included:
- Sponge balls and sprinklers.
- Guests made their own superhero masks
- So I haven’t heard of an “activity table cover” but Staci found one and that meant the kids could draw on the wall — you know they loved that! (Staci even made her own star shaped crayons!)
- The children drew a building out of blocks and then used their “super strength” to knock it down – ha!
Food included pizza, homemade whoopee pies, and cupcakes with toppers from Peas & Thank Yous.
And for favors, each guest took home a Super Friend Cape made by Staci, who has kindly shared the tutorial here. Staci made 30 — oh my goodness — capes. But the best part is that they are no-sew!! (Even I could make these!)
To follow Staci, check her out here:
- Blog: http://lizardnladybug.blogspot.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lizard-Ladybug/115842225093348?ref=ts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lizardnladybug