Saturday evening, the girls and I did a little experimenting in the kitchen. I had a recipe inspiration for Pumpkin Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies and it turned out really well. I took the cookies to a meeting on Sunday and I was pleased to find they were a hit. (People took home extras!) So yummy with a cup of coffee.
Pumpkin Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
- Cookie sheet
- Extra flour
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake and Cookie Mix
- One cup of canned pumpkin buy the 15 oz. size can
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 7/8 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap your Hershey Kisses. (This is a great job for your kids.)
- Melt your butter.
- Combine the mix, hot water, and melted butter.
- Add one cup pumpkin and combine.
- Gradually add 7/8 cup of flour and mix all ingredients together.
- Lightly flour your hands, and roll your mix into approximately 1-inch balls. The dough is sticky and I had to re-flour my hands each time.
- Lightly flour your thumb and press into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and immediately insert the Hershey Kisses into the thumbprint indentation in each cookie.
- When they have cooled, store cookies in an airtight container.