A few weekends ago, the girls and I visited a new popcorn shop in town. Totally yummy. 200 flavors, but pretty pricy. Thank goodness Pinterest led me to Eat Good 4 Life! Miryam featured her own white chocolate popcorn recipe and I tried it out today.
This just couldn’t be any easier. Pop over to Eat Good 4 Life for the recipe.
I was trying out the recipe in advance for the girls’ birthday party. As simple as this seemed, I’ve learned (the hard way of course!) to test everything in advance that I can.
So today I learned:
- I just used 6 oz. of Hershey’s white chocolate chips and that was plenty of chocolate for my taste.
- Four drops of yellow food coloring is not enough to make the popcorn noticeably yellow. I may just have to live with this.
- I can use a much larger container — about half of my popcorn is still on my cookie sheet.
- I’d line my cookie sheet next time for easier clean up.
- The girls have declared this “really good” so it’s on the menu for our party.
I’m going to let the popcorn stay in my apothecary jar overnight to see if I can make it the day before the party without it going stale.
Since I already had food coloring and popcorn on hand, my only cost was the chocolate chips, so for about $2.50, I have an easy and inexpensive party treat. (How many times have I written “easy” in this post? If it’s easy, I’m a fan!)