At the end of 2014, I realized I had to do something that I really Did. Not. Want. To. Do.
I had to change the Double the Fun Parties name. (It’s a long story about a trademark lawyer who dropped the ball and doesn’t really matter any more.)
The only thing to do was to look at this as an opportunity — a chance to step back and ask: what do I want Double the Fun Parties to become?
But more importantly, I wanted to understand what more YOU want. What are YOU missing out on everywhere else in the party blog-o-sphere?
And so this new name is not just a new name; it’s a new way to better serve you. I believe that you don’t have to hire a party planner to host an amazing party. What you need is a girlfriend who’s a party planner — and that’s me.
Welcome to The Party Teacher!
When I re-read the emails and comments and social media posts you all have shared with me over the past three years, I found a lot of your questions.
- I am still trying to figure out a theme and have brain freeze. What do you think?
- Should I do one big party or two separate parties?
- My problem is execution. I just don’t know if I have the time?
- How do I hang the banner?
- What activities should I have for the older kids?
- Should I chill the drinks ahead of time or have them on the dessert table or use beverage dispensers?
- I’m not really crafty; do you think I can make that?
- I want to make sure I’m considering all options and not missing out on a show-stopping idea, but now what do I actually do?
- Any quick and easy ideas for the dessert table backdrop?
- How do I find a good cake lady and what should I pay?
- The giant crack in my windshield has put a crack in my party budget. How do I keep costs down?
(My all-time favorite question is: “Does wine come with your party kits?” Honey, if it did, I would be a millionaire!)
If you’re looking for more how-tos and more party advice — not just pretty pictures — this is the place for you. Because sometimes it can be hard to look at the pretty pictures and figure out how to go from nothing to party glory.
So that’s what I’m going to focus on: I’m going to teach you how to party like a pro.
I’d love to know: What other party questions are you dying to have answered? Let me know in the comments section.
And if you’re super excited about learning more…
- Click here to learn more about The Party Classroom (already up and running)!
- Or click here and I’ll put you on the interest list for The Party Course (coming soon)!
See you at school!
P.S. I owe a huge thank you to a bunch of folks!
- For loads of trademark warrior support from The Purple Pug (AKA the queen of glitter) and Party Pinching (what she does with party food never ceases to amaze me)
- Spot-on trademark advice from Creative Genius Law
- That Super Girl for figuring out all the website stuff
- Tara Gentile (rocking personalized business coaching)
- My darling Lindi of Love the Day for a new logo that I adore