I love making these mini party plans for ya’ll! They really satisfy my need to plan All. The. Parties. even though I can’t afford to host All. The. Parties. Also, boy parties are so much fun! So today, here is my mini party plan for a construction birthday party.
All you have to do is:
- Pick your favorite invite and party favor
- Choose a selection of dessert, decor and game ideas
- Buy the place setting elements…
… and BOOM! your party is planned.
For even more ideas, check out my Construction Party Pinterest board — I add to it all the time.
P.S. If you like the ideas in this mini party plan, you can also:
- See all my mini party plans here.
- Check out the full party plans in my shop.
- Join The Party Plan Club for exclusive, done-for-you party plans — get a new party every month.
- Take The Party Course to plan your next party using my minutes-a-day method.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY INVITATIONS
- Construction birthday party invitation by Chickabug
- Dump trucks invitation by Brown Paper Studios
- Crane birthday invitation by Helen’s Paper House
- Dump everything invitation by Bloomberry Designs
- Colorful trucks invitation by Paper and Ink Design Co
- Hammer time invitation by Design Antics
- Birthday number invitation by Ink and Iron
- Modern excavator invitation by TLC Squared
- Under construction invitation by Studio One 16
CONSTRUCTION PARTY DESSERTS
- Bubble gum measuring tape – printable by Wants and Wishes
- Chocolate marshmallow “wheels” by May Details
- Construction sprinkles by Shop Sweets and Treats on Etsy
- Hard hat cake pops by Sunshine Parties
- Tiered construction cake by Vanilla Bean
- Tool lollipops by Candied Cakes on Etsy
- Reese’s peanut butter cup macarons by My Lexi Loo on Etsy
- Chocolate covered pretzel rods by Aunt Keene’s Candy on Etsy
- Bulldozer track cookies by Baking in Heels on Etsy
Here are four other items that I thought would be cute and yummy on the dessert table:
- Chocolate covered Oreo wheels by Chocolates Unlimited on Etsy
- Construction decorated cookies by Baking in Heels on Etsy
- Fondant cupcake toppers by Les Pop Sweets on Etsy
- Chocolate candy rocks by Jazzy Apple Gal on Etsy
CONSTRUCTION PARTY PLACE SETTINGS
- Construction cone cups and straws by Oriental Trading
- Sunshine yellow fabric tablecloth by Party City
- Construction hats by Oriental Trading (These would be cute on chairs like in this party.)
- Premium orange square lunch plates (7-inch size) by Party City
- Premium black plastic forks by Party City
- Stamped paper napkins by Stesha Party on Etsy
- Hard plastic black dinner plates (10-inch size) on Amazon
- Ruler blowouts by Stesha Party on Etsy
- Round woven placemats on Amazon
CONSTRUCTION PARTY DECORATIONS
- Construction centerpiece from Craftytude on Etsy
- Party area ahead chalkboard sign by Dose of Pink Designs
- Yellow dump truck balloon by Oz Party Supplies on Etsy
- Black, yellow, gray balloon mix by Favor Box Boutique on Etsy
- Construction fabric bunting by The Party Teacher
- Confetti by Little Luna Station on Etsy
- Caution tape from Amazon
- Paper truck garland by Blue Oak Creations on Etsy
- Crates, toys, traffic cones and “grass” from Sweetwood Creative Co
For your party backdrop, why not use a series of framed construction prints like these from Threesy Peasy on Etsy?
Or, visit the home improvement store for inspiration and then see if the dollar store toy area can supply you with tools that can become party props.
CONSTRUCTION PARTY FUN & GAMES
- Building and painting a house from Design Dazzle
- Wrecking ball by Gwynne Wasson Designs
- Dig zone by Gwynne Wasson Designs
- Construction coloring book by Maria Palito on Etsy
- Digger bounce house by It’s Ella’s World Now
- Construction cone pinata by Banner Events
- Jenga wrecking ball by Banner Events
- Build your own toolbox by Banner Events
- Hammer golf tees into foam blocks by Events to Celebrate
CONSTRUCTION PARTY FAVORS
- Toolboxes made from Altoids tins from Party Frosting
- Mini trucks and Reese’s Pieces favors via Catch My Party
- Tool belts by Cam and Shan
- Toolbox treats box by One Fine Party on Etsy
- Play-dough style favors by Squishy Dough on Etsy
- Cone, hard hat and toolbox favor boxes from M. Gulin Paper Crafts on Etsy
- Truck crayons by Krazy Kool Krayons on Etsy
- Filled favor bags by Mad Hatter Party Box on Etsy
- Mini candy bar wrappers by My Party Design on Etsy
If you use construction hats or vests as part of your decor and activities, those also can double as your party favors.
- Boy’s 4th birthday construction party by Joy in the Commonplace
- I dig you construction party by Wants and Wishes
- Boy’s 3rd birthday construction party by Events to Celebrate
- Alex’s 3rd birthday construction party by May Details
- Mason’s 1st birthday construction party by Sweetwood Creative Co
- Bright and bold 4th birthday construction party by Gwynne Wasson Designs
- Hayden’s construction themed party by Cupcake Express
- Boy’s 2nd birthday construction party by Dose of Pink Designs
- Max’s construction birthday party by Banner Events
I hope my ideas help make planning your construction party easier! If you have a question for me, ask away in comments!
Thank you for featuring my invitation! Absolutely love your site!