I’m not sure how Christmas Crack got it’s name, but I could for sure eat it all year long. So why not? Here’s how to make 4th of July Saltine Cracker Toffee. All you need to do is switch to white chocolate chips and add patriotic sprinkles.
Amazon link in this post is an affiliate link. If you purchase through that link, I earn a small commission that helps fund the party inspiration on this blog. I only recommend items I love.
Now I’ve added sprinkles to Christmas Crack before for my daughters Middle School Graduation Party, but this time I used white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips so the sprinkles would pop. While I’m not normally a white chocolate person, this turned out fabulous.
I made this for our Stars & Stripes 4th of July Party, so definitely check that out for an easy and inexpensive patriotic tablescape.
And don’t miss the fun star wands tutorial!
- Once you start melting the butter and brown sugar, this recipe moves fast. So, lay out all your ingredients before hand and preheat your oven.
- Your children can help lay out the saltines and sprinkle the sprinkles, but please don’t let them stir the butter/brown sugar over the stove — you don’t want burns.
- I used Sweets Indeed Patriotic Sprinkles.
4th of July Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Cookie sheet with lip
- Tin foil
- Non-stick sauce pan
- 1 Silicone spatula
- 1 sleeve of saltines 40 crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 6.5 oz red, white, blue sprinkles I used about 1/2 this amount
- non-stick cooking or baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet (with four sides) with tin foil and liberally spray it with cooking spray.
- Line the cookie sheet with the saltines, spacing them as close together as you can.
- Melt the butter in sauce pan, then add the brown sugar. Stir constantly on medium high for exactly 5 minutes.
- Pour the sugar mixture evenly over the crackers. Realign the crackers with a fork as needed.
- Put in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with white chocolate chips.
- Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove and spread out white chocolate chips with a spatula. Sprinkle with kosher salt and red, white and blue sprinkles.
- Put in freezer for 30 minutes to harden. Remove and break into cracker-size pieces.