Today, I’m excited to welcome Roxana from Sugar-Sugar Cakes in Canton, GA. Roxana is one of my blog’s lovely sponsors, and you’ve seen her work before in my parties, most recently the microphone cake pops from my girls’ Country Music Awards Karaoke Party. Roxana created this dessert table for a Great Gatsby-themed rehearsal dinner at The Corner District, in Ball Ground, GA — a fabulous new Speakeasy type venue that lends itself to both very glam and very rustic events.
You know I believe that inspiration is all around. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking at a dessert table for an adult event but planning a child’s birthday party. Just look at those pearls that Roxana draped across the dessert table: how wonderful would that same detail be at a princess or dress up party?
Roxana actually designed and constructed the backdrop and of course all the desserts on the table. I always advise my Custom Party Plan clients who may be styling their first dessert table to try a symmetrical arrangement and to remember to add tall items in the back for interest. Roxana’s table is a great example of those principles.
Sugar-Sugar Cakes specializes in traditional wedding cakes, but she also does so much more — just about any kind of dessert plus styling. Roxana’s is a full-service wedding and dessert styling business, and she does showers, engagement parties, birthdays, and corporate events throughout the Atlanta Metro Area. She will conceptualize and create dessert tables from the bottom up, including backdrops, props, furniture and everything in between. Her dessert tables really become a focal point of your party — in addition to being delicious!
- Large and mini champagne and strawberry cupcakes with a white chocolate buttercream.
- Chocolate cupcakes with a dulce de leche buttercream. The large cupcakes featured a fondant shell “marquee” resembling the backdrop.
- Mini key lime cheesecakes topped with fresh strawberries and a chocolate feather.
- Gem pops were vanilla with a super glam bling stick and fondant flowers — these are so gorgeous!
- Chocolate dipped sandwich cookies were dressed up in platinum and adorned with fondant flowers.
- An apothecary jar was filled to the brim with crispy french meringue cookies.
I’m so excited to see the full scope of Roxana’s work. She’s one of my new favorite dessert gals, but it’s so impressive to see what she’s cooking up when the design is all her!
Keep up with Roxana
- Desserts and dessert table styling: Sugar-Sugar Cakes
- Photographer: Kelly Ann Photography
- Table rental: Something New for I Do
- Venue: The Corner District