Of the desserts at our Witch’s Tea Party, I think the girls were most excited about the Witch’s Stockings. I make variations on this dessert all the time because it’s so quick and easy and goooood. (It honestly deserves the extra o’s.) If you’ve ever made Martha Stewart’s Icebox Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake, you know my inspiration. (If you haven’t made it, stop what you are doing, go buy some heavy cream, and get busy. You can thank me later.)
- Hand mixer or stand mixer (stand mixer is easier to use)
- Irish coffee mugs or another narrow glass
- Tasting spoons or iced tea spoons
- Disposable piping bag and standard cupcake frosting tip
- chocolate wafer cookies or Oreos (quantity depends on how many servings you want to make and the serving container you choose)
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Twist open each Oreo and use the back of a table knife to scrape off the filling. (If you use chocolate wafer cookies, you can skip this step.)
- Place the first cookie in the bottom of your serving container. I used Irish coffee mugs from the dollar store.
- In a stand mixer, combine cream, cheese and sugar. Blend on high speed until stiff white peaks form.
- Using either two spoons or a pastry bag, place a dollop of cream on the first cookie.
- Add another cookie, then more cream. Keep layering and end with a dollop of cream.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, the cookies will be soft and you can insert a Love the Day party circle on a lollipop stick.
Bonus: Extra Witch Names
I promised to share all our witch names in case you’re having a big party and need lots of witch-y placecards. (I love “Repulsa”.) Here are our favorites: