Every Christmas, my sister-in-law makes Pretzel Hugs, which if you haven’t had them, are the best. most addictive sweet and salty snack ever. Think I’m overstating things? Then you haven’t tried Pretzel Hugs. So I had a Halloween inspiration: substitute candy corn for M&Ms and make Halloween Pretzel Hugs. (They’re great for Thanksgiving, too!)
Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs
- Cookie sheet with lip on 4 sides
- Parchment paper
- Pretzels any shape except stick works
- Hershey Kisses (I used plain chocolate, but Hershey Kiss Hugs–the chocolate and white chocolate kind–melts better.)
- Candy corn
- Unwrap your Hershey Kisses. (This is a great job for the kids.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the pretzels on a baking sheet, and top each with a Kiss.
- Bake at 350 for 90 seconds if you use chocolate Hershey Kisses. Bake at 200 for 5 minutes if you use Hershey Hugs.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately top each Kiss with a candy corn.
- Chill in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
To pretty up my snacks, I stacked some old books on a silver tray and added a few faux pumpkins. With a little ribbon around a milk glass candy dish, I was done!