This past Friday, I put out an invitation on Facebook for you to ask me any party questions. Want to know how to recreate something you’ve seen on Pinterest? Stumped for a party idea? Ask me! I’ve gotten some great questions, so as long you all keep them coming, I’ll answer your questions each Monday.
I’m thinking about doing a jellyfish party for my lil man’s first birthday. Silly story: when he was born he had/still has squishy checks. In Finding Nemo, Dori says to the jellyfish, “I shall call you squishy, and you shall be mine, and you shall be my squishy.” This I how/why we refer to him this way, his squishy cheeks. So I’d like to do a ocean themed party with an emphasis on jellyfish and incorporate that phrase. Any suggestions?
- Felt party hat for the birthday boy (felt means this can be a keepsake)
- High chair bunting
- Decorated cookies as favors or for your dessert table
- Balloons in blue, green and white
- Fisherman’s netting for your dessert table backdrop
- Or, cut out your “squishy” quote using a Silhouette machine and adhere them to a backdrop board
- Add your party invitation in a picture frame to your dessert or welcome table
- Goldfish crackers
- If you’re serving lunch, Goldfish shaped bread by Pepperidge Farm for PBJ sandwiches
- Swedish fish in a goldfish bowl
- Blue jello with mini spoons
Ashley, I hope that kick-starts your planning! I had fun coming up with ideas for you — thanks for Asking Jennifer!
I also offer Custom Party Plans with LOADS more detail. I work with you to pick out every place setting, every dessert table item, and more!